Airtel GPRS Settings on Android (Nexus One)

Follow the instructions to setup a GPRS (~EDGE actually). Make sure you have the GPRS Activated.

Go to Menu> Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names (which would be empty). Press the Menu button to add new APN. Enter all the details below-

Name:
Airtel EDGE                           [Give whatever name you like]
Access Point:
airtelgprs.com
Proxy:
<Not set>                       [Leave it blank]
Port:
8080
Username:
<Not set>                       [Leave it blank]
Password:
<Not set>                       [Leave it blank]
Server:
202.56.231.117
MMSC:
<Not set>
MMS Proxy:
<Not set>
MMS Port:
<Not set>
MCC
404                                   [Set by default]
MNC
45                                    [Set by default]
Authentication type:
<Not set>
APN type:

<Not set>

More Info:
MCC code for Airtel GSM is 404 for all Indian states.
MNC Codes :
10 Delhi 
31 Kolkata 
96 Haryana 
95 Kerala 
94 Tamil nadu 
97 Uttar Pradesh (West)
92 Mumbai 
98 Gujarat 
90 Maharashtra 
93 Madhya Pradesh
45 Karnataka
49 Andhra Pradesh
02 Punjab
40 Chennai 
03 Himachal Pradesh 

If you are using Airtel GPRS plan dial *123*10# to see the remaining Data traffic.

Images:







Check Balance:

24 comments:

  1. Could you please send me the settings for BSNL GPRS (south) for an HTC Desire, i am trying set it up for few days but iam not able to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dileep,
    Settings are same for BSNL GPRS on HTC Desire, just change Access Point and Server address.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Access Point:
    bsnlsouth

    Server:
    10.31.54.2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bharath,

    Thanks for the article. After updating to Froyo I've lost my settings. You saved me from wasting 30 mins in trying and getting settings from Airtel call center :-). BTW How do I check balance for Post paid account?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gautam,

    I'm not sure about post paid but try dialing 123 or log on to https://auth.airtellive.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. plz some send bsnl west settings for android.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Bharath I got a spice mi 300 phone running android 1.6 .will this work for my phone too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @NNB: Hmm.. I'm not aware of BSNL west settings ..try their homepage

    @Nitish: This works in all android mobile. Just enter correct server IP and APN name related to Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bharath you are a Life saver, i had problems with GPRS setting for my Motorola Droid and your sugestions and settings did wonders to my phone, It is working wonders. Thanks a Lot

    Regards
    Iqbal

    ReplyDelete
  9. please send motorola quench gprs settings(aitel)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "can't establish reliable data connection to the server" error shows whenever i try to add a google account

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks a lot for the settings...its a big relief...working perfectly in my gingerbread also :)
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  12. man u are really genius thank u very much thanks alot dude can u give me the settings for airtel mobile office plz

    ReplyDelete
  13. @san : Dude this is the Airtel mobile Office ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanx...i had just updated my galaxy 5 to froyo...the internet settings worked...thanx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am still not be able to connect to the internet. I have Google Nexus S Gingerbread version. I have tried all possible combination and still no result. I'm connected to Airtel Delhi 3G network and can make calls but not data connection. Any suggestions welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one helluva useful page. I wiped out all my user data on my N1, and chanced upon this site. Was up and running within minutes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude help me...

    i have Android 2.3.3
    and airtel Gprs Activated..
    problem is.. connect toh hooja raha but no data incomming..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could you please send me the settings for AIRTEL GPRS (south) for an H6 Google android, i am trying set it up for few days but iam not able to do

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I am trying the same settings for micromax A70 but not working can you please help me out for this.Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi i am trying the same settings for spice MI300 but not working can you please help me out for this. my contact number 9944198120 Gurusamy from chennai

    ReplyDelete
  21. heyy i hv dell XCD28...i hv tried d settings...bt still DATA SERVICES are not workking.... :( :( plzzzz help.... I can't access ANdroid Market....or download any applications :((

    ReplyDelete
  22. plz some send bsnl 3g/2g settings for android mid mobile E9

    ReplyDelete